VET Tech Café, LLC
To facilitate self-sufficiency, by providing skill-building opportunities, entrepreneur and creative experiences for veterans and their families.
Call Center and Fulfillment Services
• The Better Opportunity for Self-Sufficiency (BOSS) Model: Integrates Purposeful/Community Engagement, Outreach and Inclusion with contextually related principles of Trauma-Informed Care. Trauma-Informed Care for Women Veterans Experiencing Homelessness was commissioned by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Women's Bureau (WB) as one of its many efforts to help women veterans who are experiencing homelessness find jobs and successfully reintegrate back to civilian life.
The goal of the Safe Homes BOSS Model training is designed to strengthen community-based agencies that work with homeless women veterans in a variety of settings (e.g., emergency shelters, domestic violence shelters, transitional and supportive housing programs, outpatient settings). Leaders within these organizations who are looking to improve their effectiveness in engaging the women veterans they serve are being asked to become, "A Champion of Change".
• Your Travel Business (YTB) - 12-Week Travel & Tourism Training Academy - Industry standard credentials and licensing. Opportunity to be an Independent Contractor to provide travel services, both (agency assisted) and Internet-based to state agencies.
•"It Could Have Been Me, Mama I'm Home" - An artistic, collaborative, comical, yet serious Stage-Play Production that increase the education and awareness of the effects and impacts of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) on the veteran, their family members and the greater community-at-large.
•The Red White & Blues Festival - The reason the Red, White & Blues Festival chose to produce Blues concerts was because so many people in America have the blues and can relate, now more than ever. That's what we want give “Life-Changing” gifts to a most deserving group of America’s best (Those who served so others don't have to. We target the need of the recipient for as every need is unique for the service member’s family that we honor for each event.
VET Tech Café’s History
In October 2010, Ladies Operation Moving Forward (LOMF) gave birth to the Veterans Technology Center aka VET Tech Café. The VET Tech Café™ is a functional area of LOMF. It is a community service, social action and an educational facility where computers and other related communications technologies are available to increase self-sufficiency, skill building opportunities, job training, entrepreneur and other creative experiences to veterans, especially to women veterans who has limited or no access to computers at all and their families, youth and the public who otherwise might have little or no opportunity to use them or learn to use these technologies.
In December 2012, the Veterans Technology Center was registered as its own LLC, now known as the Veterans Technology Center, LLC dba VET Tech Café, LLC, co-located with Safe Homes Ladies Operation Moving Forward (Women Veterans Program) at 1212 South 11th Street, Suite 37, Tacoma, WA 98405 in the Hilltop Business District.
Veterans Support Services Personal Counseling
• Veterans Support Services
• Personal Counseling
• Career Track
• Computer Training
• Business Consulting
• Award-winning Marketing Specialists and Graphic Designers
Executive and Administrative Team
Vice President, Operations
Vice President, IT
Vice President, Marketing
Consultant to Executive Team
Director of Case Management
Administrative Assistant (Intern)
Volunteer Coordinator of LOMF
1212 South 11th Street, Suite 37, Tacoma, WA 98405
P.O. Box 5696, Tacoma, WA 98415
(253) 376-3393 or (253) 330-6489