- To provide a supportive non-traditional academic environment that helps youth successfully navigate their way through what they perceive to be an alien academic environment.
- To help youth become productive, caring, socially responsible members of society, and
- To transform unsafe environments into wholesome, supportive, nurturing communities that provides safe havens for its residents.
- Establishing family-oriented programs that meet a variety of families needs.
Offering information and referral services.
Providing employment opportunities for youth to exhibit their leadership among their peers and in their communities.
- Providing personal development training for youth and families.
Involving the entire family (parents, children and youth) in community development and cultural awareness programs.
- Modeling community/interagency cooperation and collaboration.